Comprehensive Community Hospice
Comprehensive Community Hospice at Parker Jewish Institute provides comfort, relief, and peace of mind to individuals with advanced or life-limiting illness and their families. We are an intimate and unique program that provides personalized care to ensure your comfort, enhance your quality of life, preserve your dignity, and respect your choices. As an illness progresses, it can be difficult to make choices about care or know what to expect. Our compassionate team can help you explore your options. We respect your right to choose which services are best, as well as when and where you receive care. Working with you, your care team will partner with your caregivers and personal doctor to develop a care plan tailored to your needs and goals.
Your services may include:
- Medical care, including all medication, supplies, and equipment necessary to manage your symptoms and relieve physical discomfort
- Guidance on what to expect as your condition changes
- Counseling for emotional and spiritual support
- Help with practical issues, such as advance care planning, medical decision-making, and preparing for the future.
You’ll have 24/7 access to care and services. We’re here to support you however and whenever you need, including connecting you to services that the Parker Jewish Institute has long been a leader in providing.
Our Comprehensive Community Hospice Team
Hospice services are tailored to meet each individual’s needs and goals. Your care will be managed and carried out by a dedicated team of experts with specialized hospice training and experience, but you and your loved ones will always direct your care.
Working in collaboration with your doctor, your Comprehensive Community Hospice team may include:
- Registered nurse, who coordinates your services and oversees your day-to-day care
- Hospice specialty aide
- Social worker
- Registered dietitian
- Spiritual care counselor
- A physician, who is board-certified in hospice and palliative medicine
- Grief Support
We can also provide grief support for anyone who is experiencing grief after loss. We offer a thirteen-month program for families and friends, following the loss of a loved one.