Long Term Care
Parker’s long term care and nursing facility emphasizes the importance of a warm, caring environment and quality of life. Experienced long term care professionals develop individualized care plans for each resident, and highly trained interdisciplinary teams regularly review progress and resident satisfaction.
Long term care patients receive the same care and services as our sub-acute care and short term rehab patients.
When deciding on long term care, there are many things to consider:
- What services do I need?
- How will I pay for them?
- How do I choose the best quality services?
- Location, location, location. Is the nursing home close enough so that family and friends can visit?
- The most important step is to visit, more than once, and look around. Go at different times of day, for example first thing in the morning and at mealtime
- Is the facility clean and odor free?
- Are residents clean, and dressed appropriately for the season? Are they involved in activities?
- Is the staff respectful, friendly and helpful?
- Who provides the medical care?
- Which hospital does the facility utilize?
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, private pay and many insurance plans are accepted.
For further information and admissions, call 718-289-2163 or 718-289-2164.