For Your Better Health – May 2022
May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
Mental illnesses affect 1 in 4 people. By talking about mental health you are raising awareness. Here are some tips you can use for your mental health:
- Eat nutritious meals, drink lots of water, get enough sleep and rest to recharge!
- Surround yourself with strong family and social connections that are your healthy support.
- Make yourself a priority, be around positivity, and avoid self-criticism. Be kind to yourself.
- Make time for hobbies, projects and broaden your horizons. Enjoy doing the things you love.
- Learn how to deal with stress. Practice breathing, talk to someone, or even try journaling.
- Cancel out the noise, meditation and prayer can really improve your state of mind.
- Exercise and stay active. Stick to a daily routine. Keep your focus and try not to lose track.
- Get help when you need it. Remember that seeking help is a sign of strength – not a weakness.
- Break up routine and try something different! A change of pace and space can perk up your mood.