September is celebrated as Healthy Aging Month! Take control of your health and growing older with these recommended tips:
- Live an active life – exercise regularly
- Eat healthy foods – dense foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grain
- Maintain your brain – never stop challenging your mind! Learn a new language, read a book or do crossword puzzles
- Get enough rest – 7 to 9 hours per night! Develop a regular schedule for bedtime routine
- Reduce Stress
- Take charge of your health and practice prevention – our health is controlled by our own actions. Think about ways you can improve your lifestyle
- Make community connections – Older adults who engage in meaningful community activities like volunteer work report feeling healthier and less depressed. Join a book club, senior center or take a trip with friends!