Sub-Acute Care and Short Term Rehab
Sub-Acute Care / Short Term Rehab / Post-Acute Care
At our Sub-Acute Care and Short Term Rehab facility we promote independence and rapid return to home after rehabilitation from a broad range of surgical procedures, stroke, amputation, injuries and illness.
Patients receive state-of-the-art rehabilitation, individualized treatment plans, and, if required, clinically complex care, in an environment distinguished by:
- Physicians and Registered Nurses on-duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy that help optimize recovery
- Specialized treatments to deal with tracheotomies, I.V. therapy, chemotherapy, recovery from head and neck surgery, and wound care management
- An on-site Medical Diagnostic Pavilion, including dentistry, ophthalmology, ear-nose-throat, radiology, orthopedics, podiatry and audiology
- The on-site, professionally staffed Parker Pharmacy from 7 AM to 11 PM
- Psychiatric and psychological services are available
- Breath for Life pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Highly trained, licensed Social Workers
- A Concierge Program that eases the transition from hospital or home
- Therapeutic recreation activities that provide daily social, creative and intellectual stimulation
- Full-service beauty salon and barber services
- Excellent dining and nutrition services, including restaurant-style buffet dining
- Evening snacks and happy hours
- Multi-denominational chapel for weekly religious services and festivals
- A meditation suite
- A cozy family lounge and outdoor patios
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, private pay and many insurance plans are accepted.
For further information and admissions, call 718-289-2163 or 718-289-2164.