April 18, 2012
Rabbi Joseph Potasnik, Executive Vice President of the New York Board of Rabbis; Lenny Tanzer, Chairman of Parker's Board of Trustees; and Michael N. Rosenblut, Parker's President and CEO, led the dedication of the newly restored synagogue at the Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation. The restoration was made possible through the generosity of Shirley Beck and family, in loving memory of Franklin Beck.
"The Beck family members," noted Lenny Tanzer, "have been generous supporters of Parker's adult health care and rehabilitation programs for more than two decades." Michael N. Rosenblut added, "the restored synagogue is not only a beautiful place for religious services, but also is a reminder that Parker, through its multi-denominational chapel and other amenities, is a place where residents, patients and their families can remain firmly connected to what matters to them most: family, friends and faith."
Among others participating in the dedication were Rabbi Avrohom Friedlander of Kashrus in Healthcare Facilities; Rabbi Michael Klayman of the Lake Success Jewish Center; Rabbi Eli Shifrin of Chabad of Little Neck; Rabbi Lawrence Teitelman, Young Israel of New Hyde Park; and Rabbi Moshe Schur, Director of the Queens College Hillel.
271-11 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, New York 11040-1433 | Tel: 718-289-2100 • 516-247-6500 | Fax: 718-289-2245